Monday, December 12, 2011

Filing change of address when moving to different unit in same condo?

I'm moving within my current condo complex to a new unit owned by the same landlords. I realize I have to file a change of address with the post office, but do I need to notify companies/providers that never send anything in the mail?

Also, how long does the post office provide the mail 'forwarding' for?

Any tips on this would be much appreciated!Filing change of address when moving to different unit in same condo?
You should notify all persons and companies that might send you important mail. And the catalogs you like. Even though a company does not send you something regularly, I'd change my address with in if the nature of your business with them is important.



Usually a post office forwarding order and change of address is good for 6 months. After that, any 1st or 2nd class mail will be returned to the sender with the notation ';forwarding order expired';. Catalogs and bulk (junk) mail that are sent standard rate will be either discarded or delivered to the address because a lot of them say ';Ms. So and So OR Current Resident.Filing change of address when moving to different unit in same condo?
The USPO will forward only mail that is first class or of obvious value, for one year after you move. No catalogs or ads thank goodness!
You should be aware that the ';Change of Address'; card/kit is only good for a few months. After that, your mail will go back, to the former address.



When I asked the post office about this same issue, I was told that I needed to contact each company, group, person, to notify them of my new address. The post office does NOT do this, automatically. It is up to you.



Post office mail-forwarding is only a temporary measure, to help you receive your mail, at your new place, until after you have contacted all whom you do business, or correspond with. You still must contact all of your people, yourself.



If you fail to do so, before the forwarding expires, then whomever now lives in your old place will receive your mail, again.



I hope this information is helpful.
just do the simple form at the postoffice.................besides if they want to find you........................they will

No comments:

Post a Comment