Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I change an e-mail address with little fuss?

My current main e-mail address is tied to my ISP so if i was to change internet service provider then I would lose the e-mail address. There are lots of shopping accounts set up to send e-mails to that address and I don't want to have to go through each site changing the address. Is there any way I can change the e-mail address and have all my new mail that would be sent to the old address sent to the new one instead?How do I change an e-mail address with little fuss?
I have several email accounts. Yahoo is my main account. My others are backups for misc. use. Anyway, set up a free yahoo or hot-mail account. They can be used anywhere. As long as there is an Internet connection. Once you set up your free account. You can transfer all your addresses over. You may be able to get all your email forwarded to your new account. It isn't that big of a deal. Just send a bulk email to all your important contacts that you have a new email address. Hope this helps. How do I change an e-mail address with little fuss?
You can usually set up a way to forward stuff from your ISP account to a free account like Yahoo, GMail, etc. These free accounts won't change when you change providers. Also, depending on the diligence of the provider, that forwarding information may stay around for quite a while after the account is removed.



If you close your ISP account, though, the email address will eventually be closed. Slowly migrate everything over to a web-based email address before it happens and you won't have to worry..
Unfortunately if you switch your ISP they take the email address with 'em, their punks like that! You might have to spend the time to do the switch up. I've always found it a good time get rid of the crap I don't want to get anymore.



Best of Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment