Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I change the address on my dogs Microchip record?

I have two dogs that are microchip-ed but I have since moved home. I'm not sure how to change the address that my dogs Microchips are registered to.How do I change the address on my dogs Microchip record?
I guess you would just go to the vet where they were microchipped or call them up and tell them youve moved and they should be able to change the filesHow do I change the address on my dogs Microchip record?
You need to go to any vets that does microchipping (almost all of them do it). They will scan your dog and change the details on the chips database on the computer.



The chip is basically just brings up a number that corrosponds to an address/information when its scanned.
You'll need to call your local council and vets to complete the change of address forms.
When you had your dog Micro chipped you would have been sent papers for confirmation, you should contact the office who sent them to you with all your new details.
Do you have the paperwork the vet gave you when they were done as that will have the mirochipped company details on how to contact them and you can call them and change the details. If you don't still have or find the paperwork contact the vet who did it as they can help.
You should have received a letter acknowledging the registration of the microchips for your dogs, on there it explains how to change address details, or if there is a contact number on it give them a call. I'm sure there is an admin fee of approx 拢7 per change, last time I looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment