Friday, November 19, 2010

Credit card debt; want to pay off but changed address and scared bailiffs will be sent round?

3 years ago, as a student, living alone, I took out a credit card offered by my bank. I had maxed it out in a matter of months and as a student, I could not afford the repayments. This was a stupid act, I know, so don't answer with preaching about living within my means because I have learned to do that the hard way...



I moved house shortly after this and didn't inform my bank of change of address. So I've had this maxed-out credit card to which I have made no repayments for around 3 years. I would like nothing more than to pay for this credit card and clear the debt. However, as I now live with my parents, I feared they would send bailiffs so kept quiet.



I really want to put in a payment plan to get this paid off, so how do I arrange this without having bailiffs sent round?



Thanks for any help.Credit card debt; want to pay off but changed address and scared bailiffs will be sent round?
Visit the bank - tell them what has happened, and they will make a plan. It must have been awful living with the guilt for all that time. Get it off your chest, they can't put you in jail.Credit card debt; want to pay off but changed address and scared bailiffs will be sent round?
I'm surprised it hasn't been referred to a collection agency.

contact the bank and work out a plan.
if u will get them together and call them and make a minim payment u will be fine and u can even fix yuor credit back good as new
call the bank you will be able to make payments or they might offer a one time payment they are not gonna send baliffs or police .once you pay it off your credit # will start to go up .you probably have a realy low # now
Try visiting your local credit counselling agency. These services are free throughout the UK. You can call them for free and you can visit with them for free.



That would be your best first step. They can advise you of your rights and how to proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment