Sunday, November 21, 2010

FIrefox 3.0 - How do I change address bar so it doesn't search bookmarks?

I downloaded Firefox 3.0 a couple of weeks ago and thought I would just get used to it, but I've not.



When typing a URL into the address bar, instead of the drop-down menu coming up with the other websites I've visited recently and allowing me to choose, it searches my bookmarks and shows them instead.



And, there's no little drop-down arrow at the right hand side of the address bar to allow me to select recently entered URLs. I did a search on the Mozilla FAQ site and couldn't find anything.



Anyone had any luck at changing this setting?FIrefox 3.0 - How do I change address bar so it doesn't search bookmarks?
yes you can change it



type in ';about:config'; in the address bar.



Click ';I'll be careful, I promise!';





Type in : ';browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped';.



Right click on that, go to ';toggle'; and select ';true';





and you're set!

No comments:

Post a Comment