Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am registered to vote in DC but Have moved to Maryland. How do I change my address.?

The DC Board of Elections and Ethics website will not let me register an address outside of DC and the MD website only deals with new registrations or address changes within the State of Maryland. Can someone please tell me how to go about this. Thank YouI am registered to vote in DC but Have moved to Maryland. How do I change my address.?
Go the the MD office %26amp; explain your situation.I am registered to vote in DC but Have moved to Maryland. How do I change my address.?
Complete the universal voter registration form (found here: http://www.fec.gov/votregis/pdf/nvra.pdf ), including Part B on the bottom for a change of address. Mail it to your MD county clerk. Once you get verification of your registration, call the DC BOE and notify them that you have registered in MD and need to be removed from the DC voting list. The last step is important if you do not want to be subject to those voting list ';purges'; where duplicates are removed from the voting rolls of both states.
First go to the local post office and sign papers to get a box number or an assigned address. then go to the commissioner of elections and register to vote in your new county of residents
The Maryland DMV should allow you to change your voter registration when you file your change of address paperwork for your drivers license and car.
You would be a new registrant for the state of Maryland. So follow the web link for new registrants.
You go to your new towns registrar of voters and make all your changes there.

No comments:

Post a Comment