Sunday, November 21, 2010

I typed my routers ip address into my broswer & signed in. So how do i change my public ip address now?

So I logged into my routers website. But what do i do now to get my public ip address changed? My type of router is AMBIT, if that helps any.I typed my routers ip address into my broswer %26amp; signed in. So how do i change my public ip address now?
Public IP addresses are either automatically assigned by you ISP ( which is usually the case) or manually set by a user. In the latter case, you have to pay for a static IP address from your ISP. The ISP would give you a number of static IP addresses that you can assign to your router. There are various ways to change your router's public ip address, depending on what kind of router you have. For example, in my router, you go to interface setup %26gt;

Internet %26gt; ip address , and select static. Then you should enter your static ip address, subnet mask and gateway in the corresponding fields. Like I said earlier, this information is provided by your isp if you pay for a static ipI typed my routers ip address into my broswer %26amp; signed in. So how do i change my public ip address now?
No. It doesn't help much. Why would you include your router name but not your model number? U think we're psychic? We would just direct you to the manufacturers website anyways,,,,,,,,,



Why dont you try going to AMBITs website and see what they say, hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment