Sunday, November 21, 2010

Registered to vote and address change?

When I registered to vote I lived at a different address. I moved (within the same county) a few months ago but did not change my address? Can I still vote even though my address has changed? Is it too late to register my correct address, and if not, how do I do it?



Thanks!Registered to vote and address change?
Go to your old polling place. You're probably still registered there. I doubt they've done the paperwork to move your polling place to the new address. You didn't say how long it's been since you moved. If it's less than 4-6 months go to the old place, don't even mention your new address unless it comes up. If it does, the election judges will tell you where to go in your new area.Registered to vote and address change?
You need to call your local board of elections and ask. I don't think it's too late yet. Where I am, you have until Oct. 21 to register
you need to re register.
You may have to vote at your old polling place but you can still vote. Do call your county Voter registrars office to know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment