Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to change address of reliance share holders?

Hi,

I am not clear as to what your problem is. I assume that you have reliance shares with you, and you have moved your house some times back. Now you want to inform reliance about your address change for the purpose of corporate benefits like dividend. I am answering for this situation.

If you are holding those shares in physical form (means, certificates), then you will have to inform the registrar and transfer agent (RTA) about the address change. The address for Reliance Industries' RTA is as follows:

Karvy Computershare Pvt Ltd

46 Avenue 4, Street No.1

Banjara Hills

Hyderabad - 500034.

Email: rilinvestor@karvy.com



If you have these shares in demat form, you just have to inform your DP (the organization, where you have your demat account) about it. This is the real benefit of holding shares in demat account. Suppose you have shares of 25 different companies. If they are in the same demat account, you don't need to inform all 25 companies about your address change. Just informing your DP about it, takes care of everything. They will ask for a proof of your new address, and will update it in their record.

I don't know whether I can advise you, but I strongly suggest you to get your shares in a demat account, if you have got them in physical form. You will need the shares in demat form when you want to sell them.

I hope, this solves your problem.
  • How do i wash my duvet cover
  • web server software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment