Friday, November 19, 2010

How complicated is it to change addresses?

I just applied to four colleges early and I also switched addresses from my dads to my moms house. The address I used on all the applications is my dads house. Should I wait until I get responses to tell them which address I have now, or should I call? I don't wany any mistakes when mailing acceptances (or denials) and any lost mail.How complicated is it to change addresses?
It's simple... just go down to your post office and request a ';change of address'; form. After a few days all your mail will be forwarded to the new address. They will place a sticker with your new address over any mail that they intercept that has your old address on it, and any new mail you send out, just use the new address as your return address.How complicated is it to change addresses?
Do a change of address through the US postal service (https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=U and everything sent to your dad's house will go to your mom's. You could try calling about the change of address too, as it shouldn't be a difficult change to make on your file. Also, just tell your dad to set aside any mail for you and pick it up once a week.
You can go online to www.usps.com website and change your address for $1. All mail with your name on it will be forwarded to your new address. Also, if you are accepted they will usually set up a profile for you which you will have access to change you information.
you could notify them, change address with post office or have your dad bring/forward mail from colleges to you at you're mothers place.

No comments:

Post a Comment