Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How long will the USPS forward my mail to when I change address online?

Im moving out and getting ready to change the address, I want to know for how long they will forward my mail from the old address to the new address. Someone told me they forward it for about a year, i wanna know if this is true.How long will the USPS forward my mail to when I change address online?
One year is correct for the forwarding of mail to your new address. Also consider that most mail sent at Standard mail rates is not forwardable. There are subscription services through USPS that will notify mailers of your new address. The reason I mention this is so that you would be well served to notify any company that you wish to continue to receive mail from, of your new address.



After 1 year, any mail that would normally be forwarded is returned to the sender with your new address information attached.



The one exception to the 1 year time frame is the Periodicals class. This is only forwarded for 60 days. Beyond that time, USPS will notify the sender of your new address. You would be well advised to notify the publisher yourself of your new address so you don't miss any issues of your magazines.How long will the USPS forward my mail to when I change address online?
1 year is correct

No comments:

Post a Comment